Five Tips for Online Betting
1. Choose a bookmaker licensed by the Gambling Commission. The Gambling Commission licenses online betting operators, ensures they meet licensing conditions and holds them to account if they don’t. Consequently, any licensed site should be a safe spot to enjoy online betting.
2. Don’t limit yourself to just one online betting site. Not all sports betting sites have the same ‘look and feel’ and you may find yourself more comfortable with one than another. Of course if you do sign up with more than one bookmaker, you may be eligible for more than one introductory offer!
3. Take advantage of promotions and special offers. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, right? Well, no, not really. Bookmakers really are prepared to offer you what is effectively free money to attract and retain you as a customer. The only catch, if you can even call it that, is that the bookmaker will offer free bets, rather than cash, and you’ll need to turn over your initial stake and winnings a certain number of times before making a withdrawal. However, if you’re betting anyway, bookmaker bonuses increase your bankroll without any effort on your part, especially if you’re just starting out.
4. Keep a proper written record of every bet you place. This may sound like a chore, but at some point you may want to review your performance to identify where you’re winning and losing. If you have no proper records, you’ll have no way of doing so.
5. Gamble responsibly. In other words, never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose. Set aside a sum of money exclusively for gambling, which you can lose without any emotional attachment. All gamblers, even successful ones, experience losing runs, so try to accept losing bets as an ‘occupational hazard’ and never chase your losses. There’s always another day!